Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On Starting a Blog

This seems appropriate

I'm a firm believer in the idea that what goes on the internet is there forever. It's permanent. There's no erasing it, no undoing it. No taking it back. It's out there for the entire world to read and judge and interpret however they wish. That's the main reason I'm doing this blog. Because sometimes you need a place you can be heard and felt by everyone, or at least everyone who reads this. And right now is one of those sometimes.


The other reasons for taking on this here project have very little to do with my deep need to connect with the universe and very much to do with objectives more often affiliated to sanity.

Reason 1: It's summer, and I'm an extraordinarily unmotivated high school student who aspires to be the next great American playwright. But to do that, I really need to be writing everyday. Like EVERYday. Because practice really does make perfect. And since diaries seem too personal and are condusive to hand cramps, I thought slapping away at my keyboard for a bit each night might be a nice substitute. Yeah? Yeah!

Reason 2: I'm also in a fierce competition with some friends of mine...a competition only I know about. They've also started a blog. A really clever blog about theatre (which I love) and their thoughts on the subject. And it's so very witty and wonderful and a large part of me is bummed that I was never included in it.

Basically, I'm the kid in the middle: Blue.

Which is silly. I don't need to be included in every single activity my friends choose to partake in. That's clingy and... gross. Quite gross actually. And the whole thing was probably based on some sort of conversation I just wasn't there for, so I really have no reason to be bummed at all. But I'm feeling mildly green about it none the less. So, I thought I might combat it with taking initiative all on my own and being my own blogger. Because I refuse to be the least bit clingy or the least bit gross

Reason 3: I want to finish something. I want to finish something that isn't schoolwork or a chore or a job. Because I feel like everything I do is either wasting time doing nothing or being productive on someone else's watch. But not this time. I want to make something just for me and follow through with it for nothing outside of my own happiness. This is likely a symptom of my involvement in the IB program.

True Facts

IB is this international program in high schools similar to AP with different testing requirements as well as reflected community service and a myriad of various prejects, essays, and various scheduling restrictions. Yay.
You see, normally, I'd be writing this up for CAS hours in hopes that I'd fill one of their various "I'm a normal person" requirements. But not this time. No write ups. This project is mine and mine alone.

And on that lovely note, I have an econ class and many hours of post-midnight Legend of Korra waiting for me

So summer, friends, motivation, world...
Bring it on.



No comments:

Post a Comment